Snorkeling at Menjangan Island, Bali
One of my experience of snorkeling on other dive site in North-West Bali. My trip was on September 2013. Nice weather at that moment. I did snorkeling and my friend did diving. So, let's get started...
I was in Bali on September 2013. I had visited some beautiful places such as Kintamani Lake and Kuta beach. And I stayed at the Hotel in Legian-Kuta. Suddenly we wanted to see the sea "things" .... Where did we suppose to go? There're many dive site in Bali. I've been did it in Tanjung Benoa a year before.... And Menjangan Island, was the place we chose. OK deal! We got some brochures to guide us to do the day trip to Menjangan Island.
Where is Menjangan Island? Menjangan Island is small island located in North-West Bali near to West Bali National Park, and it is part of Indonesia archipelago. Actually, it is closer to be reached from Banyuwangi rather than from South Bali (Kuta, Denpasar, Sanur, Nusa Dua). Here's the map:
![]() |
| Menjangan Island in North Bali |
It took for 4 hours from Kuta to the small jetty in Lagoon-like inlet of Banyuwedang Bay, next to the resort... (sorry, I forgot the name of the resort). The main way to get to Menjangan Island is by using a boat run by the local service travel operator. The boat trip over to Menjangan Island took was about 40 minutes, and there was excellent view of East Javanese volcano in the distance. We could also see the beautiful temple on Menjangan Island.
| Banyuwedang Bay |
| The view of East Javanese volcano in the distance |
| on the way to Menjangan Island |
| The view of beautiful temple on Menjangan Island |
What to do in Menjangan Island? Menjangan Island is famous for its diving because its beautiful coral. But if you don't dive, snorkeling? No problem.
One of the dive site is well-known as Pos Dua. The boat dropped off us in the middle of the sea (the dropp-off was not far from the Island) and then either float with you, or turned the motor down to pickup point of hundreds meters away.
The underwater of Menjangan Island itself is beautiful and fascinating. As long as we snorkel or dive around the site, there was plenty to see -- the coral fans that jut out into the deep blue sea and the volume of fish impressive. Visibility, at an easy 20 meters, was excellent.
I did enjoyed lots of swim here. The water was clean and fresh and blue. I got my own underwater camera and took it by myself... I was so happy... Looking at my friend down to the sea go on diving... melting...
![]() |
| Menjangan underwater |
![]() |
| My friend down to the sea |
| Finding "Nemo" |
| The beautiful underwater life in Menjangan |
| Bye Menjangan |
That's all short story of my trip to Menjangan Island, the beautiful underwater life in Menjangan at a glance. I hope you guys who want to find out more about this Island, just keep the coral reef naturally and keep them away from the rubbish. Wonderful Indonesia.
Since no shops are available nearby, make sure you have some food, drinks, lotion, medicines and other necessities on your hand.
SitRok





Comments
Post a Comment